Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by us, our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience, and other third parties.
Some cookies are set by or on behalf of us and are necessary to enable customers to a make purchases on our website.
Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliate marketing programmes. None of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
2. To drive our marketing, particularly banner advertisements used by our affiliates
3. To enable us to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. To enable us to meet our contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2 Click on the “privacy” tab
3 Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2 Click on the icon “privacy”
3 Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
cookies are set whilst using this site ?
Below is a listing of the type of cookies that may be set whilst using this site, together with a brief description of the purpose and / or a link to more information:
· Our own cookies
· Making our shopping basket and checkout work
· Determining if you are logged in or not
· Remembering your search settings
· Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
· Allowing you to add reviews to our site
· Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
· Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Google +1 we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
The sharing systems we use are:
· Visitor Statistics Cookies
· Affiliate Cookies
We have a number of partners who promote our service on a success-only basis (i.e. instead of paying for advertising, we pay them commissions on sales). Cookies are required to allow us to reward these partners. Neither us or the partner advertising or recommending our services are able to identify you personally. We ask you to support us by allowing these cookies which ultimately help us to offer you the service we do at the price we do.
· Payment Processor Cookies
Our payment processors may also set cookies on your computer when you visit their secure payment pages. We have no control over these cookies, but we have ensured we use reputable payment partners.
The payment systems we use are :
Barclays EPDQ :
Where can I
find more information about cookies?
There is a website that explains cookies in great detail, if you wish to learn more, then visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
In the United Kingdom the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) is the Government agency who has the responsibility of educating about and enforcing the EU cookie legislation. Their website is here : http://www.ico.gov.uk/
Types of Information that We Collect
In order to better provide you with our services, we collect two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customised experience while using our site.
1. Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are and what you are about. When you engage in certain activities on this Website, such as registering for a membership, ordering a product or service, entering a competition, filling out a survey, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself such as your name, address, telephone number, email address. Engaging in these activities is entirely at your discretion. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Website in several ways. This information is compiled and analysed on both an individual and an aggregated basis.
Use of Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personally Identifiable Information to others.
Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personally Identifiable Information to governmental and law enforcement authorities. We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to co-operate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully co-operate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
Updating and Correcting Information
We believe you should have the ability to access the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information in your account online at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us. We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this Website. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
Security of Information
At our Website you can be assured that your Personally Identifiable Information is secure, consistent with current industry standards. If you are transmitting Personally Identifiable Information to us through a password and ID, we recommend that you do not divulge your password or ID to anyone.
Please note that no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.