Don't be caught out this winter with a frozen outside tap which could lead to burst pipes.
The Model 16 Outside Tap has an internal resetting pressure relief valve which prevents the tap casing tube from bursting in freezing conditions even is a hose is unintentionally left on.
The tap is intended for garden purposes and designed for residential outside water service application.
- Standard UK male hose thread nozzle
- Inlet is UK BSP fitting
- Stainless steel sear
- Full circle operating threads on valve body and retainer
- No-lead solder
- Standard “O” size seat washer
- Oval, powder-coated, die cast aluminum handle
- Optional "vandal resistant" Tee Key available on request (Select below)
- Adjustable polycarbonate wall flange
The Model 16 Freezeless Outside tap is designed to empty the tap body and the pipe work through the wall on closing the tap thus the tap and pipe will not freeze.
If a hose etc is left connected which would prevent the tap emptying, the valve will operate upon freezing, preventing damage to the tap and pipework. However, in this case the tap could not be used until thawing occurs.