The Kestrel 2000 thermo-anemometer provides high quality, performance and functionality. It has three buttons below the display, making operation simple and allowing the user to view data in current, maximum and average wind speed displays, temperature and wind chill displays and also the data hold function.
Wind chill is an equivalent temperature that indicates to the user how their environment really feels. Wind chill is the combination of wind speed and temperature.
The Kestrel 2000 is a small, electronic rotating vane type anemometer (wind meter) with a built-in temperature sensor. It uses high precision Zytel® bearings and a lightweight impeller to provide accurate air flow measurements even at low speeds. The impeller assembly is replaceable by the user in the case of damage. In order to quickly determine a steady temperature reading, the precision thermistor temperature sensor is mounted externally.
The liquid crystal display has large 9mm high digits and is backlit for a clear readout in low light conditions. Power is from an easily replaceable standard lithium coin cell battery, which will typically give up to 300 hours of operation. The instrument automatically switches off if no keys are pressed for 45 minutes.
The Kestrel 2000 thermo-anemometer is made from high impact injection moulded plastic and corrosion resistant materials with the electronics fully sealed. It will float if accidentally dropped into water. There is a hard cover for protection when not in use and a lanyard for added security.
Kestrel 2000 benefits:
- Small, robust design
- Data hold function
- Large easy to read display
- Waterproof and floats
- High precision axle and low-friction Zytel® bearings
- Replaceable impeller
- Fast response temperature sensor
- Long life lithium battery
- Low cost
- Includes protective cover, lanyard and battery
- 5 year warranty
- Choice of measurement units
- Agriculture - checking conditions prior to crop spraying or burning
- Aviation - gliders, para-gliders, micro-lights, parachutists and ballooning
- Construction - site safety, working conditions, working at height in cranes or access vehicles
- Education - air flow experiments, environmental studies, outdoor sports
- Heating and ventilation - air flow through fans, checking condition of filters
- Industry - air flow measurements, pollution control
- Science - aerodynamics, environmental science and meteorology
- Fire fighters - checking fire spreading hazard
- Outdoor activities - sailors, walkers, model boats/air craft, kite flyers, archery, shooting, fishing, golf & athletics
Kestrel 2000 measures
- Current wind speed
- Average wind speed
- Maximum wind speed
- Wind Chill
Units of measure
- kt, m/s, km/h, mph, ft/min, Beaufort
- ºC, ºF
- Speed ±3% of reading or ±0.1 m/s
- Temperature ±1ºC
- Speed 0.6 to 60 m/s
- Temperature -29 to +125ºC
- Speed 0.6 to 40 m/s
- Temperature -29 to +70ºC